Power Plant Expansion & Modernization in Bosnia TPP
Delphos supported Javno preduzeće Elektroprivreda Bosne i Hercegovine d.d. Sarajevo (“JP EPBiH”), a public power utility company, with the development of a new 450 MW lignite unit (“Unit 7”) and expansion of the Tuzla thermal power plant in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The units in the existing Tuzla power plant are some of the oldest in the country and no longer complied with EU environmental regulations. With project costs of $798.6 million expected, construction of the new unit will provide critical electricity to the national grid system and help meet long-term consumer demand. In partnership with WBBI Prague SE (“WBBI”), a European project development consultant, Delphos provided financial advisory services including conducting market analysis, preparing tender documentation and evaluating bids received from potential project partners, assisting drafting and subsequent negotiations of project contracts and agreements, and supporting JP EBiH with structuring and negotiating project financing. A consortium consisting of China Gezhouba Group Co. Ltd (“CGGC”) and Guangdong Electric Power Design Institute (“GEDI”) was ultimately selected to design and build Unit 7, with 15% of the financing coming from JP EPBiH and the remaining 85% from the Export-Import Bank of China.
- Renewables & Power
Javno preduzeće Elektroprivreda Bosne i Hercegovine d.d. Sarajevo (“JP EPBiH”)
- Transaction Advisory
- Central & Eastern Europe